After Aristotle and Nietzsche on 9/11

I've been working on a suite/collection of poems circling around the expression of/exhortation to compassion, empathy, and kindness & how it is both simple and extremely problematic to express such concepts and how even the concept itself is both simple and complex and can be difficult to meaningful frame. I thought that this small text might be appropriate to post today as many people approach 9/11 and what it might mean to them and the culture.

CANTO 

O enemy my enemies there is no
is no friend O my friends there
O my enemy enemies there is no
no friend O my friends there is
O my enemies there enemy is no
friend O my friends there is no
O my enemies there is enemy no
O my friends there is no

friend my O friends there is no
is no enemy O my enemies there
O my friend friends there is no
no enemy O my enemies there is
O my friends there friend is no
enemy O my enemies there is no
O my friends there is friend no
O my enemies there is no 


Comments