On the Crossing of Species: Bob de Graaf / On Proxmity

 PICT. I.
Limbs

1.  SPIDER’S LEG
2.  POLYCARBONATE PRICE HOLDER
3.  IRON HOOK
4.  BEND NAIL
5.  SCORPION’S LEG
6.  LIZARD’S LEG
7.  GRASSHOPPER’S LEG
8.  SAFETY PIN
9.  PRAYING MANTIS FRONT LEG
10. FIREBUG’S LEG
11. FRAME HOLDER
12. LADYBUG’S LEG
13.IRON HOOKNAIL
PICT. X.
Vanescrew (Synthia) Slotta
Crossing of a Vanessa (Synthia) Atalanta and a slotted screw.


ON
THE CROSSING OF SPECIES

BY COMBINING ANIMALS AND OBJECTS,
TO
CREATE A NEW ORDER OF SPECIES,

By BOB DE GRAAF

*
*


ON PROXIMITY

I want to be close to things.
I could be happy.

I want to be close to things
sneak up to a desk.

Desk, you are wooden.
You are a thing.

Let me be close.

Road. Let me be close.
Bank. Let me be close.

I want to be close to
the whiskey light
at the end of day

I put my hands out
to seem not afraid.

Things stand still.
I stand still.

We do not become close but
are not frightened and do not run

Let us hold each other’s breath

Twilight between the fingers
soon becomes dark

Comments