New Review, publications, Yoda, Guitar Picks, Art Exhibition and....



Naomi MacKinnon of the Shadow Giller has written a lovely and moving review of Yiddish for Pirates. I'm so grateful for such a thoughtful review and one that quotes from the book extensively. (Nothing like seeing your own words quoted back to you...but really, I really like how she explains the book through quotations from the book.)

The Hamilton Review of Books is a new review of books from Hamilton. (Bet that wasn't something that you could have figured out from its name.) It is edited by a bunch of amazing writers, mostly from Hamilton, Ontario where I live. I think it is part of a burgeoning literary scene in Hamilton and I'm delighted. I'm also delighted that they featured my visual work for their first issue. I'm honoured!

My visual work is also in Word For/ Word, a great online publication of text and visuals edited by Jonathan Minton out of West Virginia.

Installing the Subject Object Verb show.

Opening this weekend is Subject. Object. Verb. an interactive installation/response to the work of Susan Kealey that I created for the Art Gallery of Hamilton. Visitors can type on four vintage manual typewriters wired to audio processing and record their memories on paper. They can then illuminated these works and they will form part of an expanding exhibition of these works which will continuously be collected into book form. There will also be a live performance based on the work.

Comments