Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hitler's Gun




SONG
for Sina Queyras

I have a tooth, a tooth far back in my mouth, that is Hitler’s gun. It is a mirror. I can lick the moon without looking, take a bath in Hitler’s bath.

A breath in the cold air from the mirror’s barrel: a small tree or the pert antlers of grandmother, lost in forest.

I have a tooth, a tooth far back in my mouth, that is Hitler’s.

A mark on my thigh where the mirror waits. A curl of smoke from the lung, a shroud of the mouth.



*

Sina Queyras over at Lemon Hound posted a short prose piece and then, in the following post discussed its sources. Both the original piece and the subsequent discussion inspired my short text posted above.

2 comments:

Lemon Hound said...

ah, ripples. i love ripples.

and the idea of having Hitler's tooth is very creepy.

Lemon Hound said...

and effective, of course.

off now to shudder.