Capitalizing Punctuation




Eddie was an explorer. He said the trick was to remain still, and let the discoveries come to you. He had discovered several continents, a cat, and our father, undressed, walking through the house shaving. Discovery is an invisible labyrinth, he said. Eventually, everything finds its way into the open. Soon I will discover a new kind of shadow and a way to step out of it, leaving my skin like a snake.

A romantic idea. The final autumn. Near the end of the world, the last leaf on the last tree. I am underneath its branches looking up. The last leaf falls into my open mouth. I think of you as I chew on it.

A word processor that underlines conventional grammar. That marks up continuities and standardization. That prompts the writer with words that are not synonyms. That encourages divergent spelling. That capitalizes punctuation.

Comments