Update: Recent activities, performances, enthusiasms, reviews, anthologies, paper cuts.


Here's a bit of a round-up of some recent news. Things that have happened or are about to.

1. I'm delighted about the upcoming performance of some of my music: I wrote a couple settings of a poem of mine and one of Rilke's for Project in Motion, the New Mexico dance company of an old high school friend dancer/choreographer Hilary McDaniels Douglas. One of the pieces sets a translation of the Rilke by Kameron Cole, another old friend from high school. Hilary and I are going to meet after 30 years at our high school reunion this May. Ah, the vertigo of time passing!

2. I'm excited to appear in The Last Vispo Anthology: Visual Poetry 1998-2008 (ed. by Nico Vassilakis and Crag Hill which comes out this November from Fantagraphics Books.

3. There's a great review of The Porcupinity of the Stars by Shane Neilson in the current Arc Poetry Magazine.  (See the scan below!) review. I'm really pleased that he discussed the representation of family in the book, something that hadn't been mentioned by other reviewers.


4. Very happy to appear in H.L. Hix's anthology Made Priceless, a diverse group of people writing about objects that have been important to them.


5. I'm leading a discussion for Hamilton's LitChat (a cool little discussion/talk series--thanks Jennifer Tan!) on April 15th, 7:30-9 at Homegrown Hamilton. I'm discussing:  "Alternational Media: Small Press, Micropress, Poetry Zines, Chapbooks, Broadsides, Blogs, Online Journals, Literary Ephemera, and DYI Publish, what they are, how they are made, and what their context is."


6. Thrilled to be reading with Erin Moure, Oana Avasilichioaei, and Gregory Betts at the Grey Borders Series in St Catharines. This series (currently and excellently curated/hosted by Eric Schmaltz) is responsible for making St Catharines into an exciting centre for readings/literary events. (A shout-out here to the amazing Max Middle for doing the same for Ottawa with his A B Series.) My reading: 27 April 2012 @ 7 pm, Niagara Artist Centre, (354 St. Paul Street, St Catharines. )

7. The mighty, enthusiastic, and indefatigable Amanda Earl once again has featured a broad range of interesting writing in her Angel House Press site for  National Poetry Month. Today, one of my poems


8. My breath is braided. I'm waiting for my copy of M.D. Dunn's new book, Fancy Clapping.  I really like this book. And, lo! I e'en wrote a blurb and an image of mine is on the cover.


9. This isn't my news, but I'm a big fan of Mansfield Press and what Stuart Ross and Dennis DeKlerk have done with it. There's a series of upcoming reading.launches to promote their amazing spring releases. One is nearby Hamilton and includes Stuart Ross and his great new book, You Exist. Details Follow


SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2 PM, PARIS, ONTARIO Mansfield Spring Poetry Launch: Featuring Nelson Ball (In This Thin Rain), Alice Burdick (Holler), Jaime Forsythe (Sympathy Loophole), David W. McFadden (What’s the Score?), plus Mansfield editor Stuart Ross (You Exist. Details Follow., Anvil Press). With special guest Kemeny Babineau. Green Heron Books, 47 Grand River Street North, Paris, Ontario. Free. 

Comments