Crank Phonecall from a Tree




*

a crank phone call from a tree
breathing, breathing, breathing

*




*

I make boats run through the sea I make boats run through the
sea I make it rain I boil the trees and the giraffes loud as
knives I raise babies pink between the slats of cribs I make
it rain I boil the trees and the giraffes loud as knives I
raise babies pink between the slats of cribs I make boats run
through the sea I make the boll weevils cry I make it rain
I boil the trees and the giraffes loud as knives I raise babies
pink between the slats of cribs I make it rain I boil the trees
and the giraffes loud as knives I raise babies pink between
the slats of cribs I make boats run through the sea I make
the boll weevils cry I make it rain I boil the trees and the
giraffes loud as knives I raise babies pink between the slats
of cribs I make the boll weevils cry I make the boll weevils
cry I make the boll weevils cry I make the boll weevils cry
I make a difference I’m a big stupid baby stuck between ground
and sky “you’re a no nothing” sky says to me “sky’s right,”
ground says but what do parents know? I take off my hat in
the river set my hair on fire.

Comments