Don't go all Sisyphus on Me



A sculpture I have always really enjoyed in Hamilton's Bayfront Park. I don't know the artist, unfortunately. It reminds me of a coffee cup that I have on my desk which has a lock attached to the handle, 'so no-one can steal it.' Perhaps I should read this piece as securing the ground so that no-one walks off with it. The Bayfront is one of the rare large community recreation places in Hamilton.




A visual treatment of a poem of mine, as situated on my study wall. I've really enjoyed over the years as people, particularly my kids and their friends, puzzle through the piece and question the 'right' way to read it. They also have tried to invent multiple reading/paths through that text, speculating on what they might mean. This wouldn't have happened if the poem remained in a book, I don't believe.

Comments