Monday, November 02, 2009

Daylight Savings Distance


Because it is autumn and regret for the past causes the trees to recolour the leaves and then give up on them, and everything seems further away, I have decided to create "Daylight Saving Distance." I propose that in keeping with the season, we change the distance of things and make everything a meter closer to us, that is, until things return to their previous green closeness in spring. I think this will be good for us emotionally, but also I consider how beneficial DSD will be for trade and the economy.

Remember: Fall closer. Spring further.
Keep your friends close. Your regrets closer.

2 comments:

Rachel Loden said...

I love it. Thank you.

gary barwin said...

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the comments & thanks for visiting.

I was wondering: Do you think there is a psychological test scale for rating/ranking nostalgia? Or for season-sense (I mean other than haiku....)