Some Questions & Answers: An exchange of question marks, fish, thought balloons, exclamations, and Groucho faces.




There are may aspects of visual poetry that make it different than 'non-visual' poetry and that I enjoy.

All the pretty pictures.

Yeah. Of course that, but also its sense of community. And it is an international community.

Also the often dialogic nature of interaction. Someone creates a poem, often 'for' someone else, or 'after' certain of their visual concerns. 

Someone responds to it with a variation, quip like retort, or some other kind of engagement. Since yesterday, I've been sharing riffs -- sometimes on one of the many blogs of Satu Kaikkonen, brilliant Finnish poet--with the brilliant American visual poet Andrew Topel and the brilliant Hungarian poet Márton Koppány. 

An exchange of question marks, fish, thought balloons, exclamations, and Groucho faces. Really, for me, an ideal exchange. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any points for first-time blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.
My web page :: server