Post Valentine's Dance Rant



I should begin by saying that I had a lovely Valentine's Day and that the feelings expressed by the robotic voice in the recording in no way reflect the opinions of its author.

What happens when you read a long list of words with negative emotional connotation? What happens when a synthesized voice reads the list? What happens if it is to a dance beat?

To me, it is remarkable how a personality emerges, or, perhaps, two personalities: the speaker and the spoken of. A relationship.

And let's just say this. It isn't good.

I'm intrigued by the effect created by the unrelenting nature of this dance rant. My response to it changes over time. There's also a strange semi-teleological drama to it. I know that the list is alphabetical so I know where it is going, but I'm also waiting for the emotional release, a grammatical release, a formal release. I want it to end but yet I can't turn away. Just like many bad relationships...

Comments

The phrase Spider Flow is used by Anthropologists as a common phrase for what is also generally known as Millenarianism. A millenarian activity is one in which enthusiasts believe strongly in an certain modification of community by a rapid extreme apocalyptic modify.
Sacred Dance has nothing to do with a specific dance style or with particular body techniques. The dancer moves in a way that unities his or her Mind, Body and Spirit with a Higher Spiritual Energy. It is not of importance whether we call this energy "God", "The Creator", "The Great Spirit", "Nature", "The Cosmos" or anything else