Wherever I hang my safety helmet is an ok place for things to fall

(The image is from a blog about Vonnegut, but the link seems to have expired.)

If you type in "Kafka safety helmet" this blog is first on Google. And...it seems from my counter, that people actually do. I was discussing the fact that "A little-known fact about this period, is that Kafka invented the safety helmet. He received a medal for this invention in 1912 because it reduced Bohemian steel mill deaths."

I'm told that Kafka's insurance company reports that he wrote at work, resemble his parables. There's something very right about that, I think.

*

Kafka invented the safety helmet.

It is a parable.

A yarmulke for the factory of a careless god.




.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is rather interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.